Our Vision - Knox Kids' Camp will be a fun and creative summer ministry of Knox Presbyterian Church, Woodstock. Through the Camp, young adult staff and high school aged team members will be challenged to recognize and develop their leadership skills and individual gifts while learning to work as a team and take responsibility for the safety and needs of the children who attend.
Our Mission - Knox Kidsí Camp exists to provide a safe and meaningful Christian day program to the children who attend the camp and to develop the leadership skills of the youth and young adults who lead the program.
Our Objectives - Knox Kidsí Camp strives to
- welcome children, their parents and youth into our church building
- provide a safe and engaging program which encourages the children to grow in faith,
friendship, skills, confidence and self-esteem
- offer concrete opportunities for the participants to explore and share their faith
- develop leadership skills in the young people and the ability to work together as a team
- empower the young people to develop and use their individual talents and gifts
- be a faithful and positive witness in the downtown core of Woodstock
Our Program Summary - A Camp Director and Program Director will be hired to give oversight to the daily operations of the camp. They will work with the Design Team to advertise the program, hire team members and to prepare for all aspects of the summer, including a team training week..
The Camp is for children ages 4 to 12.
Youth finished grade 7 may volunteer.
The camp will run for seven weeks starting in July (July 5th) and August from Monday to Friday (except for August 2nd Civic Holiday) with doors opening at 8:30 am.
The camp will run from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Mornings will follow a curriculum exploring different themes each week. Afternoons will include activities, special guests, and theme days.
The Camp Director will focus on the morning aspects and the Program Director will focus on planning afternoon activities.
The leadership team will be challenged to grow through devotion times, team meetings, individual feedback and taking responsibility for the care of the children attending the camp.